Legal Bombardment


There is a legal tactic that is seldom talked about. It's called the Legal Bombardment.
Basically, the Opposition will throw everything at you, to see what sticks.
There are two objectives for using this tactic. The first is to zero in on an accusation that may possibly warrant some believability and exploit it to destroy your character. The second is to exhaust you emotionally and financially, so that your resolve is weakened and you give up. This is one of the most aggressive, cruel and abusive legal tactics one can use. It is meant to absolutely destroy a person.
During my custody battle, I was accused of everything under the sun. I was even accused of getting a nose job! Most of the allegations and accusations were frivolous, and even the serious ones were disproven eventually. However, every single time I was faced with an accusation, I felt the need to defend myself. I ended up incurring around $100k in pre-trial legal fees to mitigate the bombardment, and it exhausted me emotionally as well. By the time trial talk came around, I was bankrupt, riddled with anxiety, and desperate to settle.
Legal Bombardment is an aggressive and costly legal tactic. Most who use it have deep pockets and can afford to retain the best lawyers. If you are facing an ex with a trust fund and a vendetta, you are toast.
The best way to mitigate your financial destruction when faced with this tactic is not to answer any accusation unless the accusation comes in the form of a motion. If you are served with a slew of frivolous motions, consult your lawyer on how to communicate to the Judge that you are dealing with a vexatious litigant. Your lawyer might not necessarily want to stop the fighting because every single time that lawyer has an opportunity to make money off of you, they will take it, and answering a bombardment racks up the billables very quickly. If you see that your lawyer is part of the problem and not part of the solution, do not be afraid to put them in their place. Remember, they work for you. Calmly remind them that unless they do something to stop this, you will ask them to recuse themselves. The market is saturated with lawyers, and unless you have a rare gem, you are not dealing with a rare commodity. Lawyers smell weakness from a mile away, so do not allow yourself to be further victimized by your own lawyer.
Dealing with bombardment can really take a toll on you emotionally. You have no choice but to develop nerves of steel and the patience of a Buddhist monk. Never act right away. Take a moment to pause, breathe, and return to a rational state of mind. Remember, the burden of proof lies on the accuser. Simply and calmly state that the accusation is false. If you make a big deal out of something, doubt will set in to the mind of your viewer. I have won motions with only a few words, whereas I've lost with an overt show of emotion. Easier said than done, but I've been there so I know what it's like. If I can do it, so can you.

Comments

  1. Hi there, I think I need your help/advise, not sure how to contact you! I have a group of israeli women- 260 women all over the US going through divorce. Some of them are from the Hassidik world as well, dealing with custody battles as we speak. Can you please get intouch with me?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Do Not Have Custody

Jekyll and Hyde

Why Doesn't Anybody Believe Me?!