How Often Do I See My Kids?

Many people have asked me what my parenting schedule looks like as a non-custodial parent, so here it is. 

July represents a typical month for us. 
Blue days are days the kids are with dad, and pink days they are with mom. Half blue/half pink are days that we switch. The AM switch usually happens at 9am or whenever school starts, and PM switch happens at 3pm, 4pm, or 6pm, depending on the kids schedule.

Holidays and summer vacation (the time between school and camp) are split 50/50, alternate year to year and supercede regular visitation. 

There are months where I get my kids for almost the entire month (like in August):


 and there are months where I hardly see my kids (like in June):


In a 28 day period, my schedule would be considered a 43/57 schedule. The residential custodial parent is the parent that the kids live with 51% of the time. This breakdown gives dad residential custody. 

There are major perks for having 51% custody. Since dad gets more than 51% of the time, he doesn't have to pay child support, he gets to claim them on his taxes and get all of the tax benefits (including stimulus payments), and he gets to collect child support from me. 

This schedule doesn't always work for me logistically, but I try my best to make it work because he doesn't like to accommodate schedule changes.

I hope this clears things up. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask in the comments below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Do Not Have Custody

When Walking Away Seems Like An Option

Jekyll and Hyde